Implementation of the new F-gas regulation (EU) 517/2014 in practice
The current F-gas regulation (EU) 517/2014 [external], valid as of 1 January 2015, shall replace the former F-gas regulation 842/2006. The new regulation shall be binding and directly applicable in all EU member states. It contains extended obligations which are relevant for switchgear manufacturers, maintenance companies and facility operators alike. The regulation still aims at the prevention of emissions.
The DILO delivery program comprises products and services which will support you in effectively implementing the current directive.
Some of the articles of the new directive relevant for SF6 gas handling in electrical switchgear have been selected as examples here.
- Article 3: Detected leaks must be immediately repaired
- Article 4: Leakage testing
- Article 5: Leak detection systems are mandatory only for high-voltage switchgear
- Article 10: Training and certification for persons handling SF6
- Article 19: New reporting obligation for manufacturers to the European Commission
Source: EU F-gas regulation 517/2014 and "Explanations regarding the new F-gas regulation" of the ZVEI (January 2017).
We do not accept any liability for the correctness of the information.